March 20, 2021
University of Scouting is a semi-annual training event for leaders of all program levels, district and council leaders and parents.
Sessions are led by experienced volunteers who will help you enhance your ability to deliver a fun and exciting program to the Scouts. This unique day of seminars provides information, techniques, and best practices on how to improve your Scout program. Whether you are new to the program or a veteran of many years, the University of Scouting has something for you.
At checkout, pay with a credit card or electronic check. Registration closes 11/11/20. Council refund policy. How to Register. How to change a class.
|Early Registration (before 10/16)
|Late Registration (after 10/31)
Registration opens in January. Course Descriptions
What to Bring (in-person classes)
Camp Strake is located at Hines Lake Rd, Coldspring, TX 77331. For driving GPS, use Latitude and Longitude: 30.608901, -95.230270. Arrive 30-60 minutes prior to the beginning of your track.
• copy of BSA Annual Health and Medical Record
(Part A & B for all Scouting events)
• lunch and drink
• comfortable closed-toed walking shoes (for camp tour)
• Field or activity uniform, recommended
• Clothing appropriate for weather
• Camp chair
• Day pack or backpack, recommended
• Notetaking materials
How to Register
Click on the Register button
Step 1: Select Schedule for (participant)
Step 2: Choose activity (day)
Step 3: Pick a class (click “+” add)
Repeat steps 2 and 3 for each day of classes
Continue steps 1, 2 and 3 for additional participants
Step 4: Click continue and the bottom of the page
Step 5: Checkout
Step 6: Payment
Classes that are full will not show up.
How to Modify a Registration
To change your class selections after registering:
• Logon to www.samhoustonbsa.doubleknot.com or use the direct link in your emailed receipt.
• If you don't know your User ID and Password, select the Need help logging on? link.
• Logging in will bring you to the Summary tab showing your current registrations.
• Click on the desired action button to update the registration. Please note that some classes might be full.
2020 Virtual Class Recordings
Some of the instructors recorded their virtual training classes conducted in November 2020.
Who should attend?
There is something for everyone! From new Scouters or parents to Scouters with many years of experience, University of Scouting has something for you!